What is KeelCrab Pro?
Keelcrab Pro is a professional underwater robot for maintenance and inspection of yachts and pleasure boat hulls, accompanied by a kit of optionals designed to meet the needs of professionals in the nautical sector. KeelCrab robot then comes with a set of accessories (tangible and intangible) designed to best support the performance of Inspection and cleaning service activities of your clients’ hull in the marina.
*vat and shipping not included
- Keelcrab underwater robot for hull maintenance including HD camera and, remote control 7″ display with joystick and 7 metres of cable.
- Drone cable 20 metres neutral-negative Kevlar-reinforced, external electronics box 220-110V to 24V
- Lighting: 400 lumen-led (2).
- Transport case package.
- A.N.C.C.P. certified white nylon counter-rotating brush perfect for frequent first hull maintenance cycles. Compatible with hard matrix (non-water soluble) antifouling paints that meet the requirements of Regulation (EU)528/2012 BPR or silicone matrices (or silicone films) or new biocide-free matrices.
- Counter-rotating brush A.N.C.C.P. certified yellow nylon brush, perfect for maintenance cycles at medium intervals. Compatible with hard matrix (non-water soluble) antifouling paints that meet the requirements of Regulation (EU)528/2012 BPR or silicone matrices (or silicone films) or new biocide-free matrices.
- A.N.C.C.P. certified medium stainless steel counter-rotating brush, perfect for maintenance cycles at extended intervals. Compatible with hard matrix antifouling paints that meet the requirements of Regulation (EU)528/2012 BPR or silicone matrices (or silicone films) or new biocide-free matrices.
- Wi-fi connectivity: smartphone-tablet wi.fi connection so you can capture the video stream on your phone or tablet and share footage or screenshots with your customers.
- Spare parts kit: Consumable spare parts kit
- Point affiliation programme and voucher for keelcrab academy e-learning course and digital marketing support dedicated to professionals and entrepreneurs in the nautical sector.
- Motorized brush predisposition:provision for a kit of cushioned counter-rotating disc brushes (15mm excursion/adaptation to surface) move by a dedicated waterproof engine to guarantee the best cleaning capacity ever achieved by your Keelcrab. If the optional kit is purchased, a pair of nylon disc brushes and a pair of stainless steel disc brushes (for higher cleaning requirements)are supplied to replace the counter-rotating brush (described above) supplied with Keelcrab PRO.
- Diver Kit predisposition: for using your keelcrab in “manual control” mode while diving (apnea or ARA/ARO).
Keelcrab Pro is the first of the new generation of submarine robots entirely designed and manufactured in Italy (100% made in Italy) to perform robotic cleaning, maintenance and hull inspection activities.
Characterized by a plastic exoskeleton with a neutral hydrostatic buoyancy, it maintains perfect adherence to the hull thanks to an important suction effect generated by a powerful marinised pump motor, removing and sucking up algae or vegetation that typically form on the living workings of boats during periods of docking in closed waters.
The robot’s movement is ensured by natural rubber or P.V.A. brushes driven by tracks that allow easy maneuvering in all directions, on any surface and making the drone adept at overcoming obstacles.
The high-resolution underwater camera allows the robot to be maneuvered by means of a wired remote control displaying the video stream on a 7-inch display, tablet or phone (optional) in high resolution.
The Keelcrab PRO 23 can be also equipped with the Diver pack predisposition (optional not included), the kit for using your keelcrab in “manual control” mode while diving (apnea or ARA/ARO). It consists of 2 side handles and an IP69 switch for operating the traction motors (to be able to activate or stop the robot’s advancement and the relative dragging effect of the diver in the hull).
In terms of cleaning capacity, the drone is equipped with counter-rotating cushioned disc brushes (15mm excursion/adaptation to the surface) driven by a dedicated waterproof motor with variable bristles (nylon & stainless steel) to guarantee the best cleaning capacity, interchangeable according to abrasion requirements. These A.N.C.C.P. certified brushes do not remove antifouling paints but rather extend their effect and life over time.
Numerous tests have shown that the constant removal of the first layer of vegetation (3/5 mm) causes a drastic extension of the useful life of the antifouling (which returns to direct contact with the water), which translates into a great slowdown in the formation of “dog teeth” (barnacles) in the medium term, reduced fuel consumption (and related emissions) and maintenance of top sailing performance (thanks to less friction of the hull on the water).
The robot is also equipped with a keelCrab bag filtering system with a variable micrometry nylon filter bag for the recovery of waste material, algae or vegetation, resulting from the cleaning operation. Essential to avoid the phenomenon of reattachment of vegetation to the hull especially in very still or stagnant water or where the boat cannot return to sailing quickly (typically cleaning operations during the winter season).
The product warranty certificate is valid for 24 months (excluding consumables) or 500 hours of use.
- Input power supply: 100/240V AC (standard equipment with Schuko plug). Can also be powered by inverter
- Output power supply: 28.5V (low voltage)
- Power consumption: 370 W (can also be powered by inverter)
- Size & weight: 45.5cm x 43cm x 30cm (h); weight 10kg (approx.)
- External power box dimensions: 30cm x 22cm x 12cm (h)
- Cleaning capacity: 7 m²/min
- Drone power cable: 20 m long (extendable according to specific requirements); breaking load 160 kg (in tension)
- Replaceable brush with others of different abrasive force
- Weight: 10kg
- Length: 45.5 cm
- Width: 43 cm
- Height: 30 cm
- Cleaning capacity: 7 m²/min
- Pump capacity: 35 mc^3/hour
*vat and shipping not included
Accessories you will find in the kit
Motorized vertical brush (optional not included)
We improved the experience of hull cleaning!
Thanks to this integration, Keelcrab PRO 23 will gain improved capabilities in terms of adaptability to the hull surface during cleaning and mobility: in fact, the driving motors are separate from the standard brush ensuring greater speed, strength and usability.
The motorized vertical brush is counter-rotating cushioned disc brush kit (15mm excursion/adaptation to surface) driven by dedicated waterproof motor with variable bristles (two nylon discs as standard and optional stainless steel discs ordered separately) to increase the cleaning capabilities of your robot.
Diver Pack (optional not included)
Let’s discover fundamental functionality of Diver Pack
The diver pack is a kit for using your keelcrab in “manual control” mode while diving (apnea or ARA/ARO). The kit consists of 2 side handles and a IP69 switch for operating the traction motors (to be able to activate or stop the robot’s advancement and the relative dragging effect of the diver in the hull).
With this accessory, you can save effort and time during cleaning operations carried out underwater by using a real underwater mower that will drastically reduce the time needed, guarantee total respect for the surfaces treated, fully record the cleaning cycle, and collect the material resulting from the cleaning operation in the keelcrab-bag.
Our customer surveys have confirmed that this accessory is fundamental for professional divers who carry out a large part of their work underwater in ARA/ARO buoyancy as the highlighted sequence is smoother and more functional to the detriment of the time spent and in favour of the income derived from their work:
- I arrive on the jetty with my keelcrab PRO with Diver PACK
- I plug in my keelcrab and in a few minutes of use I inspect the hull (recording everything on my phone for immediate usability by w.up) for technical analysis of the hull in order to understand the concrete need for diving.
- If a dive is not necessary: I continue and conclude the inspection, grooming-cleaning operation of the hull by means of the keelcrab PRO drone using the remote control & joystick.
- If the dive is necessary, I leave the robot on the waterline switched on and stationary, I prepare myself and once in the water, using the switch on the body and the handles, I steer my keelcrab, treating the entire surface of the hull with the pre-selected brushes, leaving only the appendages, axles, propellers and rudders (previously inspected) to manual activity
- I put the keelcrab and equipment back in their respective bags after abundant rinsing and in much less time and with much more physical energy I am ready for a new hull.
Do you want to become a Keelcrab point?
Keelcrab Point is a worldwide network of professionals in the marine and swimming pool industry that provides our method to its customers for in-water cleaning and maintenance or resells the service directly to maintenance professionals.
Frequently asked questions
The keelcrab drone is designed to have a cleaning capability classifiable as a “routine maintenance” of your hull respecting the surfaces, chemicals and technical elements on the living work. Since there is no scale (benchmark) with regard to the ability to abrade and remove dirt that has taken root to a boat hull, we start with the mechanical concept that the drone exerts 3.5 kg of thrust (when fully submerged) toward the hull surface and moves in counter-rotation (counter-rotation effect) a cylindrical inset brush body made of nylon (of 2 different weights) or corrugated stainless steel. Micrometric tests (pre and post robot passage) in a simulated environment (including with wastewater analysis) and practical feedback led us to obtain certification from A.N.C.C.P and to demonstrate that: complying with the starting condition of “perfectly clean boat” and “painted” with new antifouling, a hull is “still on target” (still workable i.e., cleanable by the keelcrab drone) even after a period of 6 to 8 months of complete stationing in port waters.
In the case of paints that are even partially water-soluble (self-sanding) if navigation was not possible, in order to avoid micrometer reduction of antifouling when using the drone, use is constrained to the removal of the central brush body, leaving the dual tasks of keeping the machine in adherence and sucking up silt algae or vegetation to the suction capacity alone. The proportion between suction capacity in kg and robot feed rate, demonstrates how using keelcrab without its brush body simulates slow sailing (less than 3 knots) by stimulating the paint’s natural chemical self-cleaning process.
All consumable and non-consumable items (thus covered or not covered by warranty) are designed with the logic of “do by yourself” allowing maximum freedom and autonomy over drone assistance. Assembly and disassembly operations of individual marinized components are therefore executable by anyone and without the use of special technical equipment. In all cases, replacement or intervention operations are supported by dedicated video tutorials and you will be able to find them: in the restricted area of our website, by sending a w.up to +39 327 029 5197 with a request to open a service ticket or a specific request for the consumable component you intend to replace or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “video tutorial for technical assistance” specifying the consumable technical component you intend to replace. One of our assigned technicians will follow up with you for quick troubleshooting.
The entire Keelcrab line is entirely designed and manufactured in Italy (100% made in italy) in our production facility in the province of Como, and the average delivery time is about 2 weeks from order.
- 12-meter boat: 1 hour
- 16-meter boat: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- 18-meter boat: 2 hours
- Replaceable in total autonomy
- Available h48 directly from us
- Variable durations from a minimum of 50 hours to a maximum of 500 hours of use.
Abundant rinsing with fresh water after each use and sheltering in a dry, sheltered place.
How does Keelcrab stand in adhesion to the hull? Is it more suitable for planing boat hulls (motor boats) or displacement boat hulls (sailing boats)?
Keelcrab is maintained in perfect adherence to the hull thanks to a major suction effect generated by a powerful marinized pump motor by removing and sucking up algae or vegetation that typically builds up on the live work of boats during periods of dwellings in closed waters. The Keelcrab drone is capable of cleaning (once quickly mastered in piloting operations) up to the 95/97% of the surface area of a displacement hull of a sailboat that exhibits characteristics of shapes and geometries classifiable as “standard” in the 10/24 meter range and 85/87% of a planing or semi-planing hull of a motorboat that exhibits characteristics of shapes and geometries classifiable as “standard” In the range 10/ 24 meters.
Fill out the form to send us an inquiry
Enter KeelCrab Academy
Our online course with five modules to learn to use our robots.